In consideration of the use of the THE FLOAT SPACE facilities, by attending the services offered at THE FLOAT SPACE, you agree as follows:
1. RISK FACTORS: You understand and acknowledge that the use of equipment, facilities and Services provided by THE FLOAT SPACE (floatation/isolation tank, infrared sauna, massage therapy, Reiki, BioMat, and ancillary activities like walking on wet bathroom floor, showering, etc.) involves risks such as, but not limited to, the following which might result from the use of the facilities, from the activity itself, from the acts of others, or from the unavailability of emergency or emergency medical care: risk of propery damage, bodily injury and possible death.
2. RESTRICTIONS ON USE:
You confirm that you acknowledge and agree that you will NOT USE THE FLOAT TANK if:
You have not showered thoroughly and still have oils, creams or makeup on your body or hair;
You coloured your hair within the past 7 days;
You have had a spray tan within the past 5 days;
You are under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
You have a communicable or infectious skin condition, disorder or diseases;
You have open or bleeding wounds. This also covers fresh tattoos or piercings;
You are diabetic, unless your diabetes is under medical control;
You have incontinence, or voluntarily/involuntarily release of bodily fluids of any kind;
You have a history of heart trouble, epilepsy, seizures, blackouts and have not received your doctor’s permission to use the float tank;
You wear a pacemaker or have a serious heart condition;
You are experiencing a sexually transmissible infection of any type;
You have a condition which may be adversely affected by coetaneous absorption of magnesium;
You have a kidney disease;
You are under the age of 18 years without parental or legal guardian consent.
You are aware that in the case that you willingly or unwillingly cause contamination to the water in the float tank or cause damage to the float tank, THE FLOAT SPACE remains the right to charge for compensation to cover the expenses of replacing the water and salt in the floatation tank and for associated loss of revenue.
You have fully disclosed any physical concerns to THE FLOAT SPACE. You understand there may be some degree of discomfort after the Services, such as, but not limited to, flu-like symptoms, headache, dizziness, and/or diarrhoea. You release THE FLOAT SPACE from any responsibility for symptoms related to the detoxification process incurred with the Services.
3. ASSUMPTION OF RISK. You are fully aware of the risks and hazards connected with the use of the Equipment and facilities. You ASSUME ALL RISKS THAT ARISE OUT OF THE USE OF THE FACILITIES, THE ACTIVITY ITSELF, THE ACT OF OTHERS, OR THE UNAVAILABILITY OF EMERGENCY CARE, including but not limited to, those RISK FACTORS described in section 1 above.
4. ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF POLICIES AND PROCEDURES. The undersigned acknowledges knowing all of the policies and procedures relating to the activities, facilities, and/or equipment and understands that the safe and proper use of the facilities, equipment or participation in the activity is dependent upon carefully following such policies and procedures.
5. PREREQUISITE PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH. You acknowledge that you have the requisite physical and mental health and abilities for proper and safe use of the equipment and facilities and to participate in the activity itself. You warrant that you are not under the influence of any drugs, either recreational or prescription, which could cause panic, claustrophobia or otherwise interfere with the proper and safe use of the equipment and facilities. You agree that if you have any questions as to what skills, qualifications or training is necessary to properly use the equipment, facility, or to participate in the activity itself, then you shall direct such questions to the appropriate staff member on site. You are encouraged to have a physical examination prior to any and all participation.
6. RELEASE & INDEMNITY. You:
(a) release and forever discharge THE FLOAT SPACE and its employees and agents from any and all liability and claims, and agree not to sue them on account of or in conjunction with any claims, causes of action, injuries, damage, cost of expenses arising out of the activity, including those based on death, bodily injury or property damage whether or not caused by the acts, omissions or other fault of the parties being released.
(b) Indemnify and hold harmlessTHE FLOAT SPACE to the extent permitted by law in respect of any Claim by any person arising as a result of or in connection with your participation in the Services.
7. WAIVER. You waive the protection afforded by any statute or law in any jurisdiction including Australia whose purpose, substance, and/or effect is to provide that a general release shall not extend to claims, material or otherwise which the person giving the release does not know of or suspect at the time of executing the release. This means, in part, that you are releasing unknown future claims.
8. PAY. You agree to pay for any or all damages to any property or indemnities caused by the undersigned either negligently, wilfully, or otherwise.
9. REPRESENTATIVES. You enter into this agreement for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assigns and legal representatives.
10. EMERGENCY TREATMENT CONSENT. You, as a participant in the subject activity, hereby consents to medical treatment in a medical emergency where the undersigned is unable to consent to such treatment.
11. ACKNOWLEDGMENT. You have read and understand this agreement and realise it relates to surrendering valuable legal rights and does so freely and voluntarily.
12. PRIVACY. We take your privacy and security very seriously. When you create a user profile with us, book an appointment or make a purchase, we may collect information about you, such as your name, email, credit card information, as well as any other information you provide in order to process the transaction. The information you provide is stored securely, never given to third parties, and credit card numbers are encrypted using industry standard technology.